I don’t believe any of you guys missed this, but about two months ago Microsoft released the first Beta of BizTalk Server 2006. Boy what a lotimprovements are in the package. Here a short list of new or altered features:
- Much easier installation (next, next, finish)
- Single mmc for all your administration needs
- Easy creation of deployment packages (MSI generation)
- Single-touch developer deployment
- In order message processing
- Subscribe to and handlesuspended messages
- Browse button for file locations (yeah, it still wasn’t there!)
- MOM improvements
- BizTalk API, so no more WMI hell
- Application concept which keeps all your artifacts together
- Some new and improved adapters
- And a lot more
During my attendance at the BPI & Workflow conference early october I had the change to play with this baby for a while and I must say that the improvements really tilt the product to another level.
In future posts I will dive into these new and improved features and explore them a little.